Pupil Premium – Is your Child Eligible?
‘The Pupil Premium’ – Individual funding that could have a measurable impact on your child’s education. You may be aware that the government is currently allocating additional funding to schools in the form of ‘The Pupil Premium’.
This funding allows schools to offer a range of extra provision to all eligible children. This provision is entirely based on individual children’s needs and will be provided to enhance their progress and learning experiences.
In order to receive ‘The Pupil Premium’ a parent/carer must be claiming one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit (but no Working Tax Credit is being received by the claimant or his/her partner and the combined annual income as assessed by HMIR on a TC602 form is not above £16,190)
- The Guaranteed Element of Pension Tax Credit.
- Asylum Seeker under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
This funding is also available to children for the following reasons:
- They have been adopted
- A parent is serving in the regular armed forces.
- A parent has served in the regular armed forces in the last 3 years.
- A parent has died while serving in the armed forces and the pupil is in receipt of a pension under the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (AFCS) and the War Pensions Scheme (WPS)
If you think that you are eligible to apply, or if you are not sure, please contact me in confidence.
At a time when school budgets are very challenging, this funding will make a measurable impact on your child. Don’t pass up the opportunity to help us make that difference.
Those pupils already receiving pupil premium funding will continue to do so, without the need to reapply.