Many visitors remark on the ‘family feel’ and ‘positive ethos’ of the Federation. We agree and are very proud of our school community including:
- Pupils who tell us that they really like attending the two schools because, ‘I learn how to do new things’, ‘It’s learning in a fun way’ and ‘I can play with my friends.
- Staff who are totally committed to the schools and are always prepared to go over and above their duties to enthuse and encourage the children in their care.
- Governors who play a visionary and active role in the schools, planning for the longer term, whilst being intent on supporting and challenging the schools at the present time.
- Parents who do not only take a keen interest in their child’s education but also in the whole Federation. This includes our very special and unique Friends’ Association who devote so much time to organise fundraising and social events throughout the year. They raise over £20,000 each year which is absolutely amazing. This money is spent on a range of resources for both schools in order to enrich the curriculum and also help towards transport costs.
- St. Michael’s Church always plays an important part in the schools with the Clergy taking Collective Worship, the children attending the Church for services, and the Infant School hosting St. Michael’s Stepping Stones Plus Club for young children.
- St.Michael's Church Whittlewood Parishes web site.